An open source and free programming language that was built with the purpose of enabling users to transform programs from Seed 7 to C++ programs
In Seed7 new statements and operators can be declared easily. Functions with type results and type parameters are more elegant than a template or generics concept.
Object orientation is used where it brings advantages and not in places where other solutions are more obvious.
- User defined statements and operators.
- Types are first class objects (Templates and generics can be defined easily without special syntax).
- Predefined constructs like arrays or for-loops are declared in the language itself.
- Object orientation with interfaces and multiple dispatch.
- Static type checking and no automatic casts.
- Support for bigInteger and bigRational numbers which have unlimited size.
- exception handling
- overloading of procedures/functions/operators/statements
- Various predefined types like resizable arrays, hashes, bitsets, structs, color, time, duration, etc.
- Runs under linux, various unix versions and windows.
- The interpreter and the example programs use the GPL license, while the runtime library uses the LGPL license.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- The database drivers sql_lite.c, sql_my.c, sql_oci.c, sql_odbc.c and sql_post.c have been improved to select a shared library / DLL from a list of candidates.
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to configure database drivers with a list of shared libraries / DLLs.
- The makefiles mk_bcc32.mak, mk_bccv5.mak, mk_msvc.mak, mk_msys.mak, k_mingc.mak, mk_mingw.mak and mk_nmake.mak have been improved to write definitions of the C macros MYSQL_DLL, SQLITE_DLL and POSTGRESQL_DLL to the file chkccomp.h.
- The chapters about integer, rational and exceptions in the manual have been improved.