SQLAlchemy-Migrate is a free tool taht will provide you with schema migration tools for SQLAlchemy, designed to support an agile approach to database design, and make it easier to keep development and production databases in sync, as schema changes are required.
SQLAlchemy-Migrate extends SQLAlchemy to have database changeset handling. SQLAlchemy-Migrate provides a database change repository mechanism which can be used from the command line as well as from inside Python code.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· support for SQLAlchemy 0.5.x has been dropped
· Python 2.6 is the minimum supported Python version
· add *creditsfor contributors
· add *glossary*
· improve *advice on testing production changes*
· improve Sphinx markup
· refine *Database Schema Versioningtexts, add example for adding/droping columns (#104)
· add more developer related information to *Developmentsection
· use sphinxcontrib.issuetracker to link to Google Code issue tracker
· improved **PEP 8*compliance (#122)
· optionally number versions with timestamps instead of sequences (partly pulled from Pete Keen)
· allow descriptions in SQL change script filenames (by Pete Keen)
· improved model generation
· #83: api test downgrade/upgrade does not work with sql scripts (pulled from Yuen Ho Wong)
· #105: passing a unicode string as the migrate repository fails (add regression test)
· #113: make_update_script_for_model fails with AttributeError: 'SchemaDiff' object has no attribute 'colDiffs' (patch by Jerem...