SQLEditor For Mac OS X is a user-friendly and very powerful Mac OS X app that will allow you to work with databases. The main type of databases SQLEditor should be used with are relational databases, however others may also be used.
SQLEditor will help you you to create, import, edit, view, and export database structures.
One can use SQLEditor to create diagrams of databases displaying the logical layout of objects within the database.
SQLEditor will also allow you to eport images of databases to be used on websites or in documents, and to import and view the structure of live databases using a JDBC driver.
WARNING: Some of the things that you can do with SQLEditor will seriously affect your database. If you decide to use SQLEditor with your database make sure that you have some kind of backup available.
Here are some key features of "SQLEditor":
· Visual editing, including drag and drop
· Live source view - the SQL source changes as you edit the diagram
· Ruby On Rails Migrations - SQLEditor can export them and now (in v1.4) import them too!
· With SQLEditor's reverse engineering you can import existing databases to diagram and SQLEditor will create an ER diagram for you.
· Once you've created your diagram you can export it directly via JDBC to one of several supported database systems including Postgresql, Oracle and MySQL.
· You can save your database to an SQL instruction (DDL) file for immediate use on remote servers or with other tools.
· Import existing DDL files directly into SQLEditor
· Copy and paste to import and export supported SQL to and from SQLEditor
· You can print out designs so that you can see your database up on the wall.1 SQLEditor also supports PDF output for easy sharing.
· Database with a JDBC driver (to use JDBC support)
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix for SVG exporting of views (entries were missing)