SCOOP (Scalable COncurrent Operations in Python) is a free, open-source distributed task module that allows for parallel programming, such as heterogeneous or supercomputers, on a variety of environments.
SCOOP provides various modules, like futures, multiprocessing and other similar utilities.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the SCOOP utility on your Mac are available HERE.
SCOOP is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "SCOOP":
· Parallelizing serial programs
· Efficient load-balancing
· Multiple computers over network
· Spawn subtasks within tasks
· API compatible with PEP 3148
· Python 2.6 or later
· Greenlet 0.3.4 or later
· PyZMQ 2.2.0 or later
· libzmq 2.2.0 or later
· ssh for remote execution
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed: Support for Python 2.6
· Fixed: Logging configuration contamination
· Added: Preliminary support for Object-Oriented paradigm (Parallel method executions)
· Added: Support for lambda execution
· Added: Pool discovery features
· Improved: A Future can now return None