Rubinius is a free and open source implementation of the Ruby programming language.
Rubinius comes with a bytecode virtual machine, bytecode compiler, Ruby syntax parser, just-in-time (JIT) native machine code compiler, generational garbage collector, and Ruby Core and Standard libraries.
Rubinius is a cross-platform utility that runs on Mac OS X and many Unix/Linux flavored operating systems.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use Rubinius on your own Mac are available HERE.
· Apple Xcode
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· 47c3b17 Move prototypes to util to mitigate nokogiri bug. Fixes #1061
· 45e0601 Add HAVE_ macros for blocking region stuff. Fixes #977
· f6567b8 Don’t use Kernel#sleep to know how much time has past. Fixes #986
· ee2bdc2 Make sure that a local addrinfo side is found. Fixes #989
· 3fa02ec Fix CompiledMethod#locate_line. Fixes #1040
· f6ac3c8 Include stdint.h where it’s needed. Fixes #1036
· ecadf56 Fix = with splats and all that jazz. Fixes #1021
· 57b1181 Fix Method#parameters for non-CompiledMethods. Fixes #925
· 6e3be13 Fix Thread.new, .start, and .fork. Fixes #945
· 5637a52 Guard all NME operations that need an NMF. Fixes #935
· aeced68 Add rb_check_to_integer, Fixes #933
· 38a5f97 Add support for -s on the cli. Fixes #879
· 52532b0 Don’t count a space leader request against the total width. Fixes #893
· bef7f50 Handle certain operator symbol values specially. Fixes #895
· 06da168 Handle STDIN being closed by default. Fixes #916