RIATest 6.2.2 Build 6253
Test automation tool for Rich Internet Applications
Why use RIATest? Stop wasting expensive QA engineering time testing the same feature over and over again.
Automate the process and let RIATest do the work for you. Add RIATest to your continuous integration system and find out when your software regresses, without costly delays.
- Action Recorder:
- Action recorder quickly creates human-readable test scripts. Interact with your application and let RIATest write the scripts for you.
- Create verification points by selecting properties to verify or simply Ctrl-Shift click on any UI component to generate automatic verification code.
- Component Inspector:
- Use Component Inspector to investigate your application's GUI elements. Move your mouse pointer over them to establish their identity and inspect their properties.
- Component Inspector will also show the hierarchy of GUI elements so that you can easliy spot parent-children relationship between elements.
- Syntax Highlighting:
- Syntax highlighting makes your test scripts readable and easier to write.
- Script Debugger:
- Built-in script debugger helps you find and fix problems in your scripts. Step through your script line by line, or have the debugger break and suspend execution on errors or on breakpoints you define. Examine variable values by hovering the mouse pointer over variable names.
- RIAScript language:
- The powerful test script language is similar to ActionScript. There's no need to learn yet another language!
- Synchronization Capabilities:
- Advanced automatic and manual synchronization capabilities save you countless hours of experimentation with 'pauses'.
- Find GUI Elements easily:
- Locate elements just by referring to their class and automationName, or by matching on any property value.
- You can also use regular expressions for partial matching of values, if the exact property values are unknown or variable.
- Edit and Continue:
- Pause your script, edit it, then resume without restarting the test session. RIATest then executes the modified source code.
- To enable Edit and Continue feature turn off "Mark editors read-only when running" option.
- Available on Windows and Mac OS X platforms. Test scripts are interoperable between the platforms (unless you perform platform specific actions).
- Adobe AIR supported:
- Automation of Adobe AIR applications, including applications with multiple windows is fully supported. RIATest can use AIR Debug Launcher (ADL) to load an AIR application.
- Background Syntax Checks:
- You do not have to wait to run your scripts to see any syntax errors, RIATest checks your scripts for errors as you type them in.
- Code Completion:
- Full code completion on all Flex automation classes and RIAScript objects is available to help you write test scripts.
- Code completion also works for user-defined functions.
- HTML Reports:
- Test results can be output as HTML reports for easier visualization. Reports are available when running the tests from IDE or can be converted from XML files that are created when running in batch mode. [Professional Edition only]
- Recording Options:
- You can specify what attributes RIATest will use when recording object locators (which are used for identification of GUI objects during playback). [Professional Edition only]
- Developer Productivity Mode:
- With the "Always Accept Connections" option you can turn RIATest into a developer productivity tool. If you are developing a complex application which requires lots of interaction to get to the point you can start debugging, just record a script to carry this out. RIATest will always be ready to execute the script for you.
- CSV and low-level file operations:
- FileStream and CSVStream script objects allow you to read and write binary files using low-level operations or work with CSV files without worrying about low-level details. [Professional Edition only]
- Customizable Error Handling:
- You can customize how RIATest reacts to errors that happen during execution. Actions execution or property access can be configured to either log the error and continue with the execution, or to throw up an exception message and halt execution. You can further refine error control using the try/catch/finally script statements.
- Speed Control:
- By default, RIATest will run your scripts as fast as it can, however, if you need to, you can configure it to slow down execution speed. (Use the function setExecutionDelay).
- Flex SDKs compatibility:
- RIATest works with applications compiled with Flex SDK 2.0, SDK 3.0-3.4 and SDK 4.0.
- For all SDK versions Halo components are fully supported. For SDK 4.0 Spark support is limited to the following components: Application, Button, CheckBox, Panel, Radio Button, ScrollBar, TextArea, Text Input, VGroup, HGroup, RichEditableText, Slider, NumericStepper.
- Runtime Loader:
- If you cannot or do not want to re-compile your application to embed RIATest Agent you can use RIATest Runtime Loader to load your production-ready application and test it.
- RIATest Loader is available for applications compiled with Flex SDK 3.0-3.4, 4.0. Full source code is included if you need to recompile it with a customized Flex SDK and to enable debugging.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fix loading on Chrome.