RESTed is a simple to use development tool for Mac OS X that will allow developers to quickly format and make HTTP requests and view the response.
RESTed supports both basic HTTP authentication and OAuth, and it also shows you the response header and response data.
XML and JSON responses can even be spruced up automatically.
NOTE: To buy RESTed via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "RESTed":
· Supports the standard HTTP methods, as well as custom HTTP methods.
· Allows you to set the HTTP request headers.
· Allows you to set request parameters and will format them depending on the request type.
· Supports sending parameters as either form-encoded or json-encoded.
· Supports both basic HTTP authentication and OAuth 1.0a.
· Manages your OAuth 1.0a tokens.
· X/HTML and JSON responses can be pretty-printed.
· Supports syntax highlighting.
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Ignore HTTP custom body for GET requests.
· RESTed no longer removes the custom body when switching between GET and other HTTP methods.
· HTTP response headers are now HTML-encoded.
· 0-legged ("signed fetch") OAuth requests fixed. (RESTed was incorrectly ignoring tokens with empty access keys and secrets.)
· Resizing of parameters / custom HTTP body sections should be improved.
· HTTP body now properly updates when parameters are toggled.