Live crash reports management for your Mac OS X and iOS apps
Your apps can report crash reports right at the next startup of your app to your server setup.
QuincyKit allows you to see all your crash reports automatically grouped by similar crashes and how each crash group developed over time and see the affected OS versions and platforms.
QuincyKit is cross-platform and it comes with built-in support for both Mac OS X and iOS platforms.
Detailed installation and usage instructions for QuincyKit are available HERE.
- (Automatically) send crash reports to a developers database
- Let the user decide per crash to (not) send data or always send
- The user has the option to provide additional information in the settings, like email address for contacting the user
- Give the user immediate feedback if the crash is known and will be fixed in the next update, or if the update is already waiting at Apple for approval, or if the update is already available to install
- Backend side for the developer:
- Admin interface to manage the incoming crash log data
- Script to symbolicate crash logs on the database, needs to be run on a mac with access to the DSYM files
- Automatic grouping of crash files for most likely same kind of crashes
- Maintain crash reports and sort them by using simple patterns. Automatically know how many times a bug has occured and easily filter the new ones in the DB
- Assign bugfix versions for each crash group and define a status for each version, which can be used to provide some feedback for the user like: Bug already fixed, new version with bugfix already available, etc.