QPDF is an easy to use, simplistic + library and set of programs that inspect and manipulate the structure of PDF files.
QPDF also provides many useful capabilities for developers of PDF-producing software or for people who just want to look at the innards of a PDF file to learn more about how they work.
QPDF can be used to create linearized and encrypted files with ease. It's also capable to convert PDF files that include object streams.
QPDF comes with full support for editing PDF contents in a text editor.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· manual/qpdf-manual.xml: Document the casting policy that is
· followed in qpdf's implementation.
· Use ./install-sh (already present) instead of "install -c" to
· install executables to fix portability problems against different
· UNIX variants.
· Add protected terminateParsing method to
· QPDFObjectHandle::ParserCallbacks that implementor can call to
· terminate parsing of a content stream.
· Favor fopen_s and strerror_s on MSVC to avoid CRT security
· warnings. This is useful for people who may want to use qpdf in
· an application that is Windows 8 certified.
· New method QUtil::safe_fopen to wrap calls to fopen. This is
· less cumbersome than calling QUtil::fopen_wrapper.
· New method QUtil::int_to_string_base to convert to octal or
· hexademical (or decimal) strings without using sprintf
· Rewrite QUtil::int_to_string and QUtil::double_to_string to
· remove internal length limits but to remain backward compatible
· with the old versions for valid inputs.
· Bug fix: properly handle overridden compressed objects. ...