PyNSource is a free and open-source Python code scanner and UML modelling tool.
PyNSource reverse engineers Python source code into UML - display UML as Ascii art or in a proper diagramming visual workspace.
PyNSource is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. Binaries for the Windows and Linux platforms are available on the project's homepage.
Here are some key features of "PyNSource":
· Recognizes inheritance and composition relationships
· Detects the cardinality of associations e.g. one to one or 1..* etc
· Optionally treat modules as classes - creating a pseudo class for each module - module variables and functions are treated as attributes and methods of a class
· Has been developed using unit tests (supplied) so that you can trust it just that little bit more
· A python code scanner and UML modelling tool that generates UML diagram models that you can layout, arrange and print out.
· Also generates UML text diagrams, which you can paste into your source code for documentation purposes.
· Also generates Java or Delphi code (which can be subsequently imported into more sophisticated UML modelling tools).