A cross-platform programming language designed by following the BASIC rules that enables users to gain instant access to any legal OS structure or API object
Purebasic's most important features are the very simple BASIC syntax, and, of course, very fast and highly optimized executables.
In spite of its beginner-friendly syntax, the possibilities are endless with PureBasic's advanced features such as pointers, structures, procedures, dynamically linked lists and much more.
Experienced coders will have no problem gaining access to any of the legal OS structures or API objects and PureBasic even allows inline ASM.
- Huge set of internal commands (1100+) to quickly and easily build any application or game
- All BASIC keywords are supported
- Very fast compiler which creates highly optimized executables
- No external DLLs, runtime interpreter or anything else required when creating executables
- Procedure support for structured programming with local and global variables
- Full unicode support
- Access to full OS API for advanced programmers
- Easy but very fast 2D game support through dedicated libraries (DirectX, SDL, ...)
- Easy and high quality 3D support based on OGRE
- Optimal use of the available hardware by using highly optimized (assembly) commands
- Source code is portable between AmigaOS, Windows, MacOS X and Linux
- Dedicated editor and development environment
- Powerful integrated debugger and profiler to easily trace and analyze code
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Some compiler and libraries related bugs