Processing 2.2.1 / 3.0 Alpha 5
Easily program images, animation and interactions using this open source programming language
Many students, artists, designers, researchers, and hobbyists use Processing for learning, prototyping, and production.
Processing was created to teach fundamentals of computer programming within a visual context and to be used as a software sketchbook and professional production tool.
Furthermore, Processing is developed by artists and designers as an alternative to proprietary software tools in the same domain.
Processing is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. Binaries for the Windows and Linux platforms are available on the project's homepage.
Detailed instructions on how to use Processing on your Mac are available on its wiki.
- Free to download and open source
- OpenGL integration for accelerated 3D
- For GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 3.0 Alpha 5
- Removed the sound library. It's now available as its own library from the Library Manager.
- Change how languages are loaded, adding a local override.
- Update to use JRE/JDK 7u72