Elixir is an easy to use, handy meta-programming aware language built on top of the Erlang VM.
Elixir is built as a dynamic language with homoiconic and flexible syntax that leverages Erlang's abilities to build concurrent, distributed, fault-tolerant applications with hot code upgrades.
Elixir supports polymorphism via protocols (similar to Clojure's), aliases and first-class support to associative data structures, dynamic records.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· [ExUnit] capture_io now captures prompt by default
· [Mix] Automatically import git dependencies from Rebar
· [Mix] Support for dependencies directly from the umbrella application
· [Regex] Add Regex.escape
· [String] Add String.contains?
· [URI] Implement Binary.Chars (aka to_binary) for URI.Info
· [HashDict] Ensure HashDict uses exact match throughout its implementation
· [IEx] Do not interpret ANSI codes in IEx results
· [IEx] Ensure --cookie is set before accessing remote shell
· [Kernel] Do not ignore nil when dispatching protocols to avoid infinite loops
· [Mix] Fix usage of shell expressions in Mix.Shell.cmd
· [Mix] Start the application by default on escripts
· [Regex] Regex.index/2 is deprecated in favor Regex.run/3
· [Kernel] super no longer supports implicit arguments
backwards incompatible changes:
· [Kernel] The =~ operator now r...