OtrosLogViewer is a free and open-source application that will allow you to analyze application logs and traces.
OtrosLogViewer is a viewer / parser with loading logs from remote servers (sftp, smb etc). Also, OtrosLogViewer supports log filters and automatic log highlightings.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the OtrosLogViewer utility on your Mac are available HERE.
OtrosLogViewer is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
Here are some key features of "OtrosLogViewer":
· Loading logs from remote servers using ftp, sftp, ssh, samba and others (supported file systems)
· Tailing logs from local disk and sftp
· Decompressing "gziped" logs on the fly
· Parsing custom log patterns
· Log events searching using regular expression
· Log filters
· Pluginable log filters
· Log highlightings
· Automatic log highlightings based on string match, regular expression or custom Java code
· Pluginable log details formatters and colorizers (i.e. SOAP message)
· Pluginable log highlightings
· Pluginable log parsers
· Listening on a socket
· Adding notes to log event
· Saving/loading log investigation (with added marks and notes)
· Java Util Logging XMLFormatter
· Java Util Logging SimpleFormatter
· log4j pattern layout (how to create your own)
· log4j XMLLayout
· Regular expression
· With note, marked
· Java 6 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Issue 213: VFSJFileChooser to OtrosVfsBrowser