OrientDB is the fastest Document DBMS in the world and it is capable of storing 1,000,000 of records in less than 5 seconds on common hardware.
OrientDB's 100% Java and can run on any system that supports the Java 5 technolog, such as:
· Apple Mac OS X
· Any Linux distribution
· Microsoft Windows 95, 98, NT, XP, Vista, Seven
· Sun Solaris
· IBM Aix
The entire software is distributed in less then 500Kb. The transactional engine can run in distributed systems supporting up to 9.223.372.036 Billions of records for the maximum capacity of 19.807.040.628.566.084 Terabytes of data distributed on multiple disks in multiple nodes.
OrientDB has been designed to be very fast. It inherits the best features and concepts from the Object Databases, Graph DBMS and the modern NoSQL engines.
Furthermore it uses the own RB+Tree algorithm as mix of Red-Black Tree and B+Tree. RB+Tree consumes about half memory of the Red-Black Tree implementation mantaining the original speed while it balances the tree on insertion/update.
Furthermore the RB+Tree allows fast retrieving and storing of nodes in persistent way.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· SQL: new eval() function to execute expressions
· SQL: new if() and ifnull() functions
· SQL: supported server-side configuration for functions
· SQL: new DELETE VERTEX and DELETE EDGE commands
· SQL: execution of database functions from SQL commands
· SQL: new create cluster command
· Graph: bundled 2 algorithms: Dijkstra and ShortestPath between vertices
· Performance: improved opening time when a connections is reused from pool
· Performance: better management of indexes in ORDER BY
· Schema: new API to handle custom fields
· HTTP/REST: new support for fetch-plan and limit in "command"
· Moved from Google Code to GitHub: https://github.com/nuvolabase/orientdb