A full-stack framework that enables users to develop J2EE business applications rapidly and easily, as well as deploy any standard Java App server
The features that make OpenXava unique are:
· It's really, really rapid and easy to develop database-backed applications.
· It's Business Component Oriented instead of MVC.
· Generates automatically the User Interface from the business component definitions.
Moreover, OpenXava has been created by Java developers (who need developing Java Enterprise applications in a productive way) for their own use; hence it's powerful, extensible and enjoyable by a Java expert.
On the other hand OpenXava will allow a new Java developer to start rapidly to be productive, therefore is a pleasant experience for beginners too.
- Has been used during years to develop enterprise applications.
- High productivity for developing business applications.
- Short learning curve and easy to use.
- Flexible enough to create sophisticated applications.
- It's possible to insert your own functionality in every place.
- Based in the concept of business component.
- Although the User Interface is automatically generated (on fly) a fine tunning front-end arrangement is allowed.
- Adapted to work with legacy database schemas.
- Generate a full J2EE application: including User Interface and model classes (with POJOs or EJBs)
- Supports any application server (Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, etc).
- Supports JSR-168: All OpenXava modules are standard portlets too.
- Persistence engine: EJB3 JPA, Hibernate or EJB2 CMP. You choose.
- It's tested with the portals: JetSpeed 2, WebSphere Portal, Liferay and Stringbeans.
- Easy integration of reports made with JasperReports.
- Some little support for aspects.
- Licensed under LGPL. You can develop comercial application using OpenXava.
- The developer can use English or Spanish.
- All labels and messages are in English, Spanish, German, Polish, Indonesian, French and Catalan, with more coming.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- NEW FEATURES:
- New isNumeric() method in Strings utility class.
- Some new common use labels to be used in applications.