Ontopia is a free and open source toolkit for developers to build, maintain, and deploy Topic Maps-based applications.
Ontopia is cross-platform toolkit and is able to run on Mac OS X, Linux and Windows.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the Ontopia utility on your Mac are available HERE.
· Java 1.5 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· TopicIF now has the new optimized methods getOccurrencesByType(), getTopicNamesByType(), getAssociations() and getAssociationsByType(). The RDBMS implementation uses SQL queries for these methods to increase performance.
· A long standing issue regarding merging of occurrence and name types in RDBMS topicmaps has been fixed (issue 409)
· Statistics of a topicmap can now be obtained from the new StatisticsIndexIF index
· TMXMLWriter now supports setting prefixes beforehand
· Issue 447: The PostgreSQL specific searcher implementation is broken due to deprecated function use
· Issue 448: Topicmap statistics should be available though API
· Issue 449: TMXMLWriter should support user defined prefixes
· Issue 411: TopicIF should have a getOccurrencesByType(TopicIF type) method
· Issue 409: MergeUtils fails to merge names of name and occurrences types that do not have a subject identifier