A handy, easy to use and open source toolkit that was developed as a facility for sophisticated scientific computing with Python
The NumPy package contains:
· a powerful N-dimensional array object
· sophisticated (broadcasting) functions
· basic linear algebra functions
· basic Fourier transforms
· sophisticated random number capabilities
· tools for integrating Fortran code.
· tools for integrating C/C++ code.
Users of num array can also transition their code using the numpy.numarray compatibility layer and a similar module (numpy.numarray.alter_code1).
NOTE: NumPy is licensed and distributed under the terms of an OSI-Approved Open Source License.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.9.1
- Issues fixed:
- gh-5184: restore linear edge behavior of gradient to as it was in < 1.9. The second order behavior is available via the `edge_order` keyword
- gh-4007: workaround Accelerate sgemv crash on OSX 10.9
- gh-5100: restore object dtype inference from iterable objects without `len()`