Netty 4.0.24 / 4.1.0 Beta 3 / 5.0.0 Alpha 1
Network application framework for quick development of protocol clients and servers
Netty has been written from ground up to provide a user more innovation and better experience in network application development.
'Quick and easy' doesn't mean that a resulting application will suffer from a maintainability or a performance issue. Netty has been designed carefully with the experiences earned from the implementation of a lot of protocols such as FTP, SMTP, HTTP, and various binary and text-based legacy protocols.
As a result, Netty has succeeded to find a way to achieve ease of development, performance, stability, and flexibility without a compromise.
- Unified API for various transport types - blocking and non-blocking socket
- Based on a flexible and extensible event model which allows clear separation of concerns
- Highly customizable thread model - single thread, one or more thread pools such as SEDA
- True connectionless datagram socket support (since 3.1)
- Ease of use:
- Well-documented Javadoc, user guide and examples
- No additional dependencies but JDK 1.5 (or above)
- Better throughput, lower latency
- Less resource consumption
- Minimized unnecessary memory copy
- Complete SSL/TLS and StartTLS support
- Release early, release often
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 4.0.24
- Most important fixes and enhancements:
- #3058 #3057 - SslHandler - DirectByteBuffer - OutOfMemory
- #3031 - Disable SSLv3.0 to avoid POODLE vulnerability
- #2971 #2972 - WebSocketClientProtocolHandshakeHandler leaks