NetBeans is a cross-platform, free and world class professional IDE (Integrated Development Environment).
The NetBeans platform features modules with tools such as an editor, utilities for working with source code (Java, C + + and others), version control, and much more.
NetBeans is a Java based application designed to help programmers write, compile, debug and deploy programs.
NetBeans IDE is dual licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2 with Classpath exception and Common Development and Distribution License (CDDL).
Here are some key features of "NetBeans IDE":
· Use the Ctrl-i shortcut to do a context-sensitive search throughout the IDE, the help sets, and all open projects.
· Select the NetBeans IDE download that provides the features you need.
· You can always use the Plugins Manager from the Tools menu to add, remove, or update sets of features for Java SE, Java EE, Java ME, JavaFX, Ruby, Groovy, PHP, C/C++, UML, or SOA development, including a wide variety of other features from third-party providers.
Standards-Based Project System improved:
· The NetBeans IDE uses industry-standards build technologies, this means you can build and run your projects outside the IDE exactly the same as inside the IDE.
Customize Your Projects:
· Set up properties and compilation dependencies between your projects, and use relative library paths to make projects sharable.
Templates and Sample Applications:
· The IDE comes with templates and sample projects for Java SE applications, mobile applications, web applications, enterprise applications, JavaFX applications, NetBeans plugins, Groovy, PHP, C and C++ applications, SOA applications, Ruby and Ruby on Rails applications.
Databases and Services:
· The Services window gives you access to all your databases and web servers, as well as web services and enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs).
· The NetBeans Task List automatically scans your code and lists commented lines containing words such as "TODO" or "FIXME", and lines with compile errors, quick fixes, and style warnings.
· The IDE's workspace is fully customizable: Customize the actions in the toolbar and drag and reposition tabs in the IDE window to suit your individual workflow.
· Undock any editor tab by dragging and dropping it outside the IDE: It will turn into an independent window that you can move to a second screen.
· Project groups allow you to define sets of related projects. This allows you to quickly open and close several grouped projects in one step.
· J2SE JDK 1.4.2 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Extended clipboard and refactoring improvements in Java Editor
· JavaTM SE Development Kit 7 Update 13 support
· Full support of JavaFX 2.2.5 SDK
· Support for JavaME SDK 3.2
Project Easel: HTML5 Application Development:
· Page inspector and visual CSS style editor
· Embedded WebKit browser; deep integration with Chrome
· Breadcrumbs: A new navigation bar shows the current embedding in the editor
· Updated Show member and Show hierarchy views
· Set of new hints and refactorings
· Filters for Find Usages results
· Effective POM editor tab in pom.xml editor
· Java Persistence JPQL testing tool
· REST Service Development enhancements
· FXML/Scene Builder Support
· JDK 7u6+ support on Windows, Mac and Linux
· FXML editing greatly improve...