NHibernate is a .NET port of the excellent Java Hibernate which provides Object/Relational mapping to persist objects in a relational database.
Here are some key features of "NHibernate":
· Visual Studio Friendly
· Easily map regular C# or VB.NET object models designed in Visual Studio. No special base classes or attributes needed. Fully supports inheritance, components and enums.
· Fast Development Cycle
· Generates database tables from your domain models. Supports all popular relational databases. Supports the most complex legacy scenarios.
· Tons of Plugins & Tools
· Full Text Search. Cluster-scoped caching with Microsoft Velocity & Memcached. Business validation rules. ReSharper plugin. Castle Active Record. S#arp Architecture. And many more...
· Established Community
· NHibernate is a popular, fast growing ORM with a helpful community of seasoned developers. Used in thousands of commercial and open source projects.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· [NH-2463] - Exception in LINQ projection with redundant type cast - block using WCF Data Services projection's
· [NH-2688] - SelectMany with cast throws QuerySyntaxException
· [NH-2898] - Retrieving object from 2nd cache with lazy property fails
· [NH-3050] - Contributed patch as solution to Unable to cast object of type 'NHibernate.Impl.ExpandedQueryExpression' to type 'NHibernate.Linq.NhLinqExpression' at NHibernate.Linq.NhQueryProvider.PrepareQuery
· [NH-3123] - Nuget package should contain the NHibernate logo
· [NH-3217] - OrderBy with a parameter then Skip and Take produces sql error
· [NH-3239] - Linq to NHibernate and Dynamic LINQ - query caching not working
· [NH-3271] - Threading problem in TypeFactory
· [NH-3296] - Tweak build system to allow keeping a constant assembly version between compatible releases
· [NH-3297] - NHibernate 3.x NuGet package should forbid Iesi.Collections 4.0 or higher
· [NH-3293] - SimpleExpression.ToString() returns hashes for strings and dates