MySQL Workbench is a next-generation visual database design application that can be used to efficiently design, manage and document database schemata.
MySQL Workbench is the highly anticipated successor application of the DBDesigner4 project.
MySQL Workbench is available as a native GUI based tool on Mac OS X, Window, and Linux.
Here are some key features of "MySQL Workbench":
· Data Modeling
· Query (upgrade from MySQL Query Browser)
· Admin (upgrade from MySQL Administrator)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Functionality Added or Changed:
· New role functionality was added. It is now is possible to add schemas.*, tables.*, and *.*, and to assign privileges to each object. Before it was only possible to add individual tables when defining roles. (Bug #11761640, Bug #54153)
· The auto-completion feature was improved. For example, it now includes the parsing of aliases and subqueries for SELECT statements.
· Microsoft Windows: In an EER Diagram, the circles at each end of a relationship line were rendered as different sizes. (Bug #12628088, Bug #54663)
· Refreshing data in the Server Administration panel would reset the sort order, and the sorting order would default back to Connection ID. This could also cause the sorting method to be mislabeled. (Bug #16206194)
· Closing a table's properties window from within the EER Model diagram window would crash MySQL Workbench. (Bug #16185134, Bug #68101)
· An SQL syntax error would be reported when a comment was added to an INDEX. (Bug #15991038,...