Mono is a powerful open source development platform based on the .NET framework that allows IT and ISV developers to build Linux as well as cross-platform applications with unprecedented productivity.
Mono provides you with the necessary software required to develop and run .NET client or server applications on Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris, Windows, and Unix.
Mono has the following other editions available: Mono for Windows and Mono for Linux. Includes Mono, Cocoa#, Gtk#, MonoDevelop installs in /Library/Frameworks.
NOTE: Mono is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Here are some key features of "Mono":
· Based on the ECMA/ISO standards.
· Runs ASP.NET and Winforms applications.
· Can run .NET, Java, Python and more.
· Open Source, Free Software.
· Commercially supported.
· Comprehensive technology coverage.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A hot-fix release.
· Reverted parallel mkbundle.
· Fixed duplicated debug symbol problem in the compiler.