MongoDB is written in C++, network accessible, and offers the following novel and interesting features:
· Collection Oriented Storage
· Server-side object updates
· Full indexing, including on inner objects
· Query profiling
· Replication and Failover Support
Here are some key features of "MongoDB":
· JSON-style documents with dynamic schemas offer simplicity and power.
Full Index Support:
· Index on any attribute, just like you're used to.
Replication & High Availability:
· Mirror across LANs and WANs for scale and peace of mind.
· Scale horizontally without compromising functionality.
· Rich, document-based queries.
Fast In-Place Updates:
· Atomic modifiers for contention-free performance.
· Flexible aggregation and data processing.
· Store files of any size without complicating your stack.
· Enterprise class support, training, and consulting available.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Shell ignores modified object's "_id" field
· Phrase search won't match phrases that aren't space-delimited
· Race condition in log rotation (was: SIGUSR1 should set a flag rather than doing rotation)