MIGRATEdb is a free and open source software that parses an XML file of database changes and load it to the targeted database if they are not already there.
A database change consists of tests to determine whether the change has already been applied and a set of change actions.
Here are some key features of "MIGRATEdb":
· Allows construction of a database at a particular version
· Allows migration from an existing database to a later version
· Human readable format for releases
· Release ‘action’ available on multiple environments (ie various operating systems) allowing development on a different platform than production
· Provides a complete history of changes for each database object
· The source code can be branched and merged
· Allows multiple developers to work with/on the same database source code, at the same time
· Supports an ‘automated build’ / ‘continuous integration’ environment
· Supports use of parameters to configure variable parts of the release (eg the password part of “CREATE USER warren IDENTIFIED BY xyzzy”)
· Java 1.6 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Allow substitutions of variable.
· Add a path variable for the SQL script.
· Allow specified path and file for SQL scripts to be Ant variables.
· BUG: revert to Java 1.5.