Libconfig is a simple library for manipulating structured configuration files, like this one: test.cfg. This file format is more compact and more readable than XML.
And unlike XML, Libconfig is type-aware, so you don't have to do string parsing in application code.
Libconfig is very compact - just 25K for the stripped C shared library (one-fifth the size of the expat XML parser library) and 39K for the stripped C++ shared library. This makes it well-suited for memory-constrained systems like handheld devices.
The library includes bindings for both the C and C++ languages. It works on POSIX-compliant UNIX systems (Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD) and Windows (2000, XP and later).
- lib/libconfigcpp.c++ - Fixed compiler warnings in constructor
- tinytest/tiytest.c, tinytest/tinytest.h - added tt_file_exists();
- added alternate implementations of some test macros since MSVC does
- not support C99 fully; added comparators for text files (ignoring
- line endings)
- tests/tests.c - use tt_file_exists() rather than access(); alias
- snprintf to _snprintf for MSVC; compare files as text files rather
- than as binary files
- lib/scanner.l - fixed parsing issue when backslash in string is
- followed by invalid escape character; reported by Jimmy Scott
- lib/scanner.c - regenerated
- lib/libconfig.h, lib/libconfig.h++, lib/Makefile.am,
- doc/libconfig.texi, configure.ac - bump version numbers
- aclocal.m4, ac_config.h - regenerated
- m4/*, aux-build/*, libtool - updated to newer