The Lazarus IDE is an easy to use, stable, feature rich visual programming environment for the FreePascal Compiler.
Lazarus supports the creation of self-standing graphical and console applications and runs on Mac OS X, Linux, FreeBSD, and Windows.
Free Pascal is designed to be able to understand and compile Delphi syntax, which is of course OOP. Lazarus is the part of the missing puzzle that will allow you to develop Delphi like programs in all of the above platforms.
Unlike Java which strives to be a write once run anywhere, Lazarus and Free Pascal strives for write once compile anywhere.
NOTE: To be able to use Lazarus on your Mac, you need to download and install the IDE and the FPC / FPCSRC packages from the downloads area.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· r39516: reapply brush and pen after the DC restore
· r39559,r39560: fixed TEventsCodeTool.FindMethodTypeInfo when type is an alias
· r39449: Fixed eval of watches with class-typecase and dyn-array (stabs only)
· r39548,r39549: fixed changing of font color on GtkCheckBox. issue 
· r39652: fixed keeping of SelStart() and SelLength().issue 
· r39986: Invalidate, if top-info-hint changes
· r37935: Keymap: missing entries for select+cursor-keys
· r39461: extract proc: stop if identifier is invalid
· r39575: find prompt: shorten texts
· r39626: check Project1 in UpdateHighlighters, bug 
· r40033, r40037: prevent a crash in designer "Change Class" if new name does not exist / designer: change class dlg: disable ok button
· r39468: Display info while installing
· r36994: published property KeepAspect and Centered for Picture Object
· r36995: published WordBreak property on Memo object plus some refactoring
· r38353: avoid duplicated export filters
· r38952: two additional export filters - TfrImageExp...