Laptop is a shell script designed to transform your Mac OS X laptop into a great development machine.
In othere words, Laptop is a script to set up a Mac OS X laptop for Rails development.
Laptop sets up the following:
· Ack for finding things in files
· Bundler gem for managing Ruby libraries
· Foreman gem for serving Rails apps locally
· Heroku gem for interacting with the Heroku API
· Heroku Config plugin for local ENV variables
· Homebrew for managing operating system libraries
· ImageMagick for cropping and resizing images
· Postgres for storing relational data
· Postgres gem for talking to Postgres from Ruby
· Rails gem for writing web applications
· Ruby 1.9.3 stable for writing general-purpose code
· RVM for managing versions of the Ruby programming language
· SSH public key for authenticating with Github and Heroku
· Tmux for saving project state and switching between projects
· a C compiler, such as GCC, LLVM, or Clang.