LMNtal (pronounced "elemental") is a platform independent programming and modeling language based on hierarchical graph rewriting.
Specifically, LMNtal is a substrate language of diverse computational models, especially those addressing concurrency, mobility and multiset rewriting, including (Colored) Petri Nets, Interaction Nets, the Pi-Calculus, Chemical Abstract Machines, Constraint Handling Rules, and Bigraphs. It features
LMNtal has been fully implemented using Java and C. Various unique features have been integrated into LaViT (LMNtal Visual Tools), an integrated development environment of LMNtal.
· nondeterministic state-space search,
· LTL model checker (using LMNtal as the modeling language),
· state-space visualizer, and
· graph visualizer.
The combination of the above is a unique feature of LMNtal and LaViT, which turns out to be very useful for understanding as well as debugging your models and programs.
LMNtal is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the LMNtal utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Here are some key features of "LMNtal":
· point-to-point links to represent connectivity,
· membranes to represent hierarchy and locality, and
· graphical view of programs and computation
· Java 1.6 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version supports compilation into Java