Kaleido is a Java technical, productive, plugable, scalable and extensible framework. Kaleido provides modules for configuration, caching, i18n and messaging.
With Kaleido, you will be able to focus on the development of your business like services, user interface.
Start simple, and when you will need a more complex architecture like a clustered environment, a commercial caching provider solution, a messaging system, etc, Kaleido will fit without changing your java code.
The main modules are:
· a configuration service management, dynamic and centralized (across cluster or local), manageable using REST API,
· a file resource abstraction (file / classpath / http / ftp / webapp / clob / ssh, ...),,
· a caching integration and abstraction (ehcache, infinispan, coherence, ...) ,-
· an i18n service management for labels & exception messages (resource bundle API extension),
· a naming service for local or remote jndi access (datasource / jms queue / ejb...),
· an asynchronous messaging client (jms, tibco rdv / ems...),
· and a mail sender service (async or not, local or centralized).
All the components configurations could be managed by an admin tool based on RESTFul Web Service
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the KaleidoFoundry utility on your Mac are available HERE.
KaleidoFoundry is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
· Java 1.6 or later