Jygments is a free and open-source generic syntax highlighter that you can use with all types of software such as forum systems, wikis or other applications that need to prettify source code.
Jygments is a Java port of Pygments, which was written in Python.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the Jygments utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Jygments is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. Binaries for the Windows and Linux platforms are available on the project's homepage.
- a wide range of common languages and markup formats is supported
- special attention is paid to details that increase highlighting quality
- support for new languages and formats are added easily; most languages use a simple regex-based lexing mechanism
- a number of output formats is available, among them HTML, RTF, LaTeX and ANSI sequences (currently only HTML!)
- it is usable as a command-line tool and as a library
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!