JumpBox for DSpace 1.7.7
Enables easy and open access to all types of digital content.
JumpBox simplifies your server software deployments with pre-built, pre-configured virtual applications that deploy in minutes.
A JumpBox packages an application's software, dependencies, and application data into a single virtual application that deploys locally, or hosted to major computing, virtualization, and cloud computing platforms. Swiftly deploy on Windows, Mac, and Linux systems to virtualization platforms like VMware, Xen, Parallels, Virtual Iron, Microsoft Virtualization, and Amazon EC2.
- Built from the ground up intended for Universities with the goal of improving preservation and sharing of academic research.
- Support for all forms of digital content (text docs, pdf's, images, video, graphics) with full-text indexing and searching of text-based content.
- Extensive academic-specific meta-data and globally-unique identifiers on every piece of content.
- Security contexts with groups, users and permissions to enable or restrict access to content as needed.
- An intuitive user interface to quickly guide users through deployment.
- A web-based control panel for simplified management of system functions.
- JumpBox for DSpace also offers a backup system that provides data security and portability.
JumpBox for DSpace
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- The included version of DSpace has been upgraded to 3.1.
- It should be possbile to restore from backups created by any version of the JumpBox for DSpace, however, when restoring from older versions, changes made to the dspace configuration files are not restored. See the JumpBox Wiki page for more information: http://wiki.jumpbox.com/doc/app/dspace
- This is a bugfix release of DSpace. See the full DSpace release notes for detail: http://duraspace.org/now-available-dspace-31