JWPL (Java Wikipedia Library) is a free, Java-based and open-source application programming interface that allows you to access all information in Wikipedia.
Is JWPL for you? JWPL is for you if you need structured access to Wikipedia in Java.
Furthermore, JWPL is not for you if you need to query live data. JWPL works on an optimized database, i.e. you are querying a static Wikipedia dump. This gives much better performance and lightens the load on the Wikipedia servers.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the JWPL utility on your Mac are available HERE.
JWPL is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
Here are some key features of "JWPL":
· Fast and efficient access to Wikipedia
· Parser for the MediaWiki syntax
· Language independent
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Major changes in JWPL API v0.9.2:
· Issue 97: Moved JWPL parser to own package and removed JWPL Parser integration
· Started integrating SWEBLE parser (ongoing)
· FIXED Issue 84: Hibernate and MySql short timeout
· FIXED Issue 81: Title constructor mangles pages titles with parentheses
· FIXED Issue 68: Page.getInlinkAnchors() won't return correct anchors.
· FIXED issue 23: CharacterSet - SEVERE: COLLATION 'utf8_bin' is not valid for CHARACTER SET 'utf8mb4'
Changes in JWPL UTIL v0.9.2:
· Improved API
· Added RevisionUtils that depends on JWPL API and RevisionApi
Changes in JWPL Parser 0.9.2:
· Initial import of the parser package
Changes in DataMachine 0.9.2:
· FIXED Issue 91Problems with title hashing in the DataMachine
MAJOR CHANGES in RevisionMachine 0.9.2:
· FIXED Issue 98: revisions.ContributorId contains "null" instead of null