JP ActionScript Decompiler (ASDec) is free and open-source application in Java for decompiling ActionScript parts from flash SWF files.
JP ActionScript Decompiler also has basic ability to edit (assemble) ActionScript.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the JP ActionScript Decompiler utility on your Mac are available HERE.
JP ActionScript Decompiler is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
Note: The decompiler is in beta stage at the moment. This means use it at your own risk. Not everything is finished yet.
Here are some key features of "JP ActionScript Decompiler":
· Opening SWF files version 10 or older
· Showing source code of ActionScript1/2 and ActionScript3. (See source limitations)
· Exporting sources to file (at the moment only AS3)
· Editing source code via modifying assembler source (See editing limitations)
· Saving modified actionscript back to the file
· Built-in proxy server for editing SWF files which come through it
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· AS3: Automatic computing method body parameters (EXPERIMENTAL)
· AS3: Editing return type of methods
· AS3: Editing type and default value for variables/constants (Slot/Const traits)
· Gui: Updated Icons
· AS1/2: Few enhancements
· About dialog
· AS 1/2: Fixed large bug causing Ifs to not decompile properly
· Proxy: Some minor fixes