Fast scanner generator for Java
JFlex has some not so usual features like negation in regexps and nested input streams. Also reads JLex specifications unchanged.
- Faster generated scanners
- Faster Scanner generation (independent of the input character set)
- Three different kinds of generated code for best performance/size.
- Predefined character classes
- Comments in all parts of the specification
- Macro definitions are regular expressions, not just text
- Cycles in macro definitions are detected and reported at generation time
- Platform independent end of line operator "$"
- Beginning of line operator "^" works as expected (not consuming newlines)
- Grouping of rules with same lexical states
- Comments, character literals and strings in actions are handled correctly
- Builtin support for the CUP parser generator
- Column counting
- Standalone scanners (as with C/C++ flex)
- Debugging support
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Unicode 7.0 is supported.
- In %unicode mode, supplementary code points are now handled properly.
- Regular expressions are now code-point based, rather than code-unit/ char based.
- Input streams are read as code point sequences properly paired surrogate code units are read as a single character.