Dependency checker for Java virtual machine class files
You will be able to use JDepChk for any code that runs on the JVM.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the JDepChk utility on your Mac are available HERE.
JDepChk is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
- Specify components and dependencies using high-level rules.
- Transitive dependencies (if B extends A, users of B inherit A).
- Regular expression matchers and include/exclude lists.
- Check for accesses to entire classes or individual members.
- Multiple rule sets loadable from different files.
- Use annotations, on package-info.java, and on restricted elements.
- Very fast. Based on a stripped-down version of ASM's class reader.
- Processes class files one by one (unlike some other such tools).
- Has an Eclipse plugin with smart error highlighting.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Supports defining exceptions to component rules.