IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition 14.0 Build 139.224
IntelliJ IDEA lets you code without a hitch. It practices a non-intrusive, intuitive approach to help you write, debug, refactor, test and learn your code
Thanks to its deep understanding of languages and technologies, IntelliJ IDEA provides a second pair of hands for you when you need them.
IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition is the perfect choice for those working on pure Java/Groovy applications or doing Swing development.
IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition has all the crown jewels of IntelliJ IDEA, including various refactorings and code inspections, coding assistance, debugging, TestNG and JUnit testing; CVS, Subversion and Git support, as well as Ant and Maven build integration.
The IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate Edition extends the Community Edition by providing support for many web frameworks, additional languages and technologies and introduces many deployment options.
IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate Edition is a better choice for commercial usage given that all features are delivered in a complete package.
The complete breakdown of features included in IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition and IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate can be found in this comparison matrix.
- Intelligent code editor understanding your code, with refactorings, code inspections, intention actions, easy navigation and full Java 7 support.
- JUnit and TestNG integration and a convenient test runner UI.
- Maven, Gradle and Ant-based project setup and building.
- Comprehensive Groovy programming language support plus plugins for Scala and Clojure.
- Google Android development including latest SDK support.
- Unified UI and experience for most popular version control systems: Subversion, Git/GitHub, Mercurial and CVS. Visual merge, diff and changelists.
- Powerful XML editor with XML-Java interoperability.
- The Swing UI designer for developing Java desktop applications.
- Integrates with JetBrains TeamCity for continuous integration and pre-tested commit support.
- YouTrack, JIRA, GitHub and other trackers integration for task management and IDE context control.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
- To facilitate your workflow, we’ve added a decompiler for Java classes. You don’t need any third-party plugins to have a look at what’s inside any library for which you don’t have the source code.
- The debugger, a core tool of every developer, has also been improved in a number of ways. Now it shows variable values in the editor right next to their usages. It also offers a new Show Referring Objects action, and supports lambda expressions in the Evaluate expression dialog.
- The editor, where you spend most of your time, remains the heart and soul of IntelliJ IDEA. As always, we focused on making it even better for v14. Meet the smart Backspace key behavior, code style detection, Scratch files, improved Multiple selections (which now come with handy shortcuts), a ‘Copy as HTML/RTF’ action, a faster ‘Find in path’ action, and lots of other tiny but very helpful enhancements.
- Code inspections have been extended to provide a new key code analysis feature aimed to infer @NotNull, @Nullable and @Contract annotations for your Java libraries automatically, based on their bytecode.