IDA Pro 6.6.140625
A multi-processor disassembler and remote debugger
IDA Pro 's multi-processor support is unmatched. As a disassembler, IDA Pro explores binary programs, for which source code isn't always available, to create maps of their execution.
The real interest of a disassembler is that it shows the instructions that are actually executed by the processor in a symbolic representation called assembly language. If the friendly screen saver you have just installed is spying on your e-banking session or logging your e-mails, a disassembler can reveal it.
However, assembly language is hard to make sense of. That's why advanced techniques have been implemented into IDA Pro to make that code more readable, in some cases, quite close to the original source code that produced the binary program.
The map of the program's code then be postprocessed for further investigations. Some people have used it as the root of a genomic classification of viruses. (digital genome mapping advanced malware analysis) But, in real life, things aren't always simple.
Hostile code usually does not cooperate with the analyst. Viruses, worms and trojans are often armoured and obfuscated. More powerful tools are required.
The debugger in IDA Pro complements the static analysis capabilities of the disassembler: by allowing to single step through the code being investigated, the debugger often bypasses the obfuscation and helps obtaindata that the more powerful static disassembler will be able to process in depth.
IDA Pro can be used as a local and as a remote debugger on the 80x86 (typically Windows/Linux) and the ARM plaform (typically Windows CE PDAs). Remote debuggers are very useful when one wants to safely dissect potentially harmful programs.
Because no computer can currently beat the human brain when it comes to exploring the unknown, IDA Pro is fully interactive.
In sharp contrast with its predecessors, IDA always allows the human analyst to override its decisions or to provide hints. Interactivity culminates in a built-in programming language and an open plugin architecture.
IDA Pro contains a complete development environment that consists of a very powerful macro-like language that can be used to automate simple to medium complexity tasks.
For more advanced tasks, our open plugin architecture puts no limits on what external developers can do to enhance IDA Pro's functionality.
- Multitarget Disassembler:
- disassembler modules for a large number of processors. Our free SDK even allows you to roll your own custom disassembler.
- full interactivity and extendability
- direct, through keyboard interaction.
- through an internal programming language.
- through external plugins (unlimited power: our debuggers are plugins).
- as close as possible to the high level source code
- flirt technology (fast library identification and recognition technology).
- type system and parameter tracking and identification
- code graphing
- Multitarget Debugger:
- the debugger adds dynamic analysis to the information gathered statically by the disassembler.
- offers all the features expected from a debugger and more: remote debugger, tracing.
- remote debugger: target either Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and other machines in any combination.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 6.0
- PROCESSOR MODULES:
- 6812: support an alternative memory layout for paged segments which allows to use short offsets inside the segment
- ARM: added a switch pattern that uses BX to jump to case labels
- ARM: display the optional operand of the MRC/MCR instructions, as preferred by the ARM documentation