Haxe (pronounced as hex) is an open source programming language. While most of the other languages are bound to their own platform (C# to .Net, Java to the JVM, ActionScript to the Flash Player), haXe is a multiplatform language.
It means that you can use Haxe to target the following platforms :
· Flash : You can compile a haXe program to a .swf file. haXe can compile for Flash Players 6 to 9, with either "old" Flash
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the Haxe utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Haxe is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X and Windows. Binaries for the Windows platform are available on the project's homepage.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· all : fixed List and Null for first, last, pop
· js : added js.Lib.debug()
· flash : fixed Xml.parent() when no parent
· flash : fixed haxe.io.Bytes.blit when len=0
· js/php/flash8 : fixed haxe.Int32.mul overflow on 52 bits
· js : fixed haxe.Utf8 usage (static 'length' issue)
· all : does not allow overriding var/prop
· flash : removed wrapping for Xml nodes, use instead specific compare when comparing two typed nodes
· js : use new haxe.xml.Parser (faster, not based on Regexp)
· flash : fixed completion issue with for( x in Vector )
· all : optimized Std.int(123) and Std.int(123.45)
· flash : bugfix for @:bitmap with 24-bits PNG (flash decode wrong colors)
· as3 : fixed EnumValue becomes Object
· js : removed js.Lib.isIE/isOpera (not complete, use js.JQuery.browser instead)
· all : function parameters are nullable if they are declared with '?'
· all : added support for finding common base types of multiple types (unify_min) for array, switch, if
· php : do not implement duplicate interfaces
· haxelib : added git sup...