Groovy++ is an open source and statically typed extension of the Groovy programming language, that adds both high performance of compiled code and compile type checks.
Additionally to all goodies of standard Groovy it adds a lot of functionality
· compile time checking of code
· as fast as Java performance of compiled code
· easy mixing of statically and dynamically typed code
· very powerful type inference
· tail recursion
· traits (interfaces with default implementation)
· extension methods (compile time categories)
· standard library of utilities for functional programming, concurrency and distributed computing (early prototype stage)
Groovy++ is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the Groovy++ utility on your Mac are available HERE.