A free Interactive Data Language that supports all language elements such as objects, pointers, arrays, etc and is compatible with an incremental compiler
- Full syntax compatibility with IDL 6.0
- ALL IDL language elements are supported, including:
- System variables,
- Common blocks,
- Assoc variables,
- All operators,
- All datatypes,
- _EXTRA, _STRICT_EXTRA and _REF_EXTRA keywords...
- The file input output system is fully implemented (Exception: For formatted I/O the C() sub-codes are not supported yet)
- netCDF files are fully supported.
- HDF files are partially supported.
- Basic support for HDF5 files.
- Overall more than 330 library routines are implemented. For a sorted list enter HELP,/LIB at the command prompt and look for library routines written in GDL in the src/pro subdirectory.
- SAVE and RESTORE are supported through Craig Markwardt's CMSVLIB library.
- Graphical output is partially implemented. The PLOT, PLOTS, XYOUTS, SURFACE, OPLOT, TVRD and TV commands (along with WINDOW, WDELETE, SET_PLOT, WSET, TVLCT) work (important keywords, some !P system variable tags and multi-plots are supported) for X windows, z-buffer and postscript output.
- GDL has an interface to python (python routines can be called from GDL).
- GDL can be build as a pyhton module (GDL subroutines can be called from python).
- No GUI support (widgets) is implemented so far.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- NEW IN THIS RELEASE:
- GDL now compiles with MinGW
- lots of improvements in widgets related code.