Festival is a powerful reliable framework for building speech synthesis systems as well as including examples of various modules.
Festival provides full text to speech through a number APIs: from shell level, though a Scheme command interpreter, as a C++ library, from Java, and an Emacs interface.
Here are some key features of "Festival":
· Portable (Unix) distribution
· SABLE markup, Emacs, client/server, scripting interfaces.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· HTS hidden Markov model based synthesis engine API integration
· Support for gcc 4.3, 4.4 and 4.5
· Native Apple OS X audio support (OS X 10.6)
· Bug fixes galore.