FastFlow is an open source parallel programming framework for multi-core platforms based upon non-blocking lock-free/fence-free synchronization mechanisms.
The framework is composed of a stack of layers that progressively abstracts out the programming of shared-memory parallel applications.
The goal of the stack is twofold: to ease the development of applications and make them very fast and scalable. FastFlow is particularly targeted to the development of streaming applications.
Here are some key features of "FastFlow":
· template library
· shared memory
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· fixed compilation ploblems on Windows 7 64bit using Visual Studio 10 (cmake -G "Visual Studio 10 Win64" ...)
· added class ff_dinout that allows to have a single dnode with both input and output external channels.
· added the class ff_ofarm to implement the ordered farm template
· NO_DEFAULT_MAPPING compilation flag added
· added the map template that can be used to compute map, map-reduce and data-parallel patterns.
· Added the possibility to have multi-input Emitter in a farm template (useful to collapse in a single thread the Collector and the Emitter in a 2-stage pipeline of 2 farms).
· Changed the thread start order in the farm skeleton. The old one was: collector (if present), all workers, emitter; now it is: emitter, all workers, and finally the collector (if present).
· Added the class threadMapper for implementing threads mapping.
· Implemented the spinBarrier which has a lower overhead when the number of thread is high.
· Fixed problems in ffTime and ffwTime for application with nested pat...