Mac web development, more productive than caffeine
Your cup of coffee has been the thing that gets you out of bed, the smell of creativity, the taste that makes your day. Soon, Espresso will deliver something better than a caffeine boost.
Your Workflow, Improved
Espresso is not a bunch of apps forcibly smashed together. Instead, we looked at the needs of modern web developers and streamlined their workflow into one focused app.
Espresso features extremely powerful editing, live preview, sleek projects, real publishing and extensive synchronization tools. All this, and an amazing extensible core? Espresso is not too good to be true. It's now in public beta.
- Edit With Power and Elegance:
- Why choose between beauty and power? Between features and speed? With Espresso, you simply don't choose — you can have it all. You might liken Espresso to a very unconventional chocolate bar: delicious and edible on the outside, but rock solid on the inside.
- Text editing for grown-ups - context sensitivity, power snippets and CodeSense:
- Espresso features an immensely powerful rule-based syntax engine, CoreSyntax, that transforms your text documents into semantic structure. What does that mean for you as an end-user? Right now, we can reveal incredibly flexible syntax coloring, context-sensitive snippets and CodeSense.
- Snippets in Espresso can be much more than quick pieces of text to insert into your document. Tab stops, placeholders, conditional expansions: it's all there. CodeSense is based on these incredible snippets: confirm a suggestion, and what happens next is really a snippet in action. Espresso builds a foundation to provide an amazing level of context-sensitivity — for some of you to explore through Sugars, and for everyone to enjoy.
- Navigator, not your average symbol list:
- Code Folding, a hidden delight:
- There is more than meets the eye in the Espresso text editor. When you move your mouse over the line number gutter, a handy code folding ribbon fades in. Quickly collapse blocks of text for a more focused look at code. And the best thing? It works for any language that shows up in the Navigator.
- Checks your speling, too:
- Of all the things you could write, messages to your users are probably the most influential. That's why Espresso checks spelling as you type in non-code contexts. Whether you're designing a site, coding a web app or writing an article, preventing a few typos is always welcome.
- Unlimited potential:
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Miscellaneous fixes