Erlang is a free and open source programing language designed to build scalable soft real-time systems with requirements on high availability.
Erlang can be used in e-commerce, telecoms, computer telephony, instant messaging and banking.
In addition, Erlang's runtime system comes with built-in support for fault tolerance, distribution and concurrency.
NOTE: Erlang is licensed and distributed under the terms of the Erlang Public License (EPL).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Optimized handling of processes in the VM
· New internal process table allowing for parallel reads and writes
· optimized run queue management
· optimized process state changes
· "Non-blocking" code loading
· New internal port table, and rewrite of scheduling of port tasks.
· Dynamic allocation of port structures, allowing the default for maximum ports to be raised to 65536 (from 1024)
· Support for UTF-8 encoded Unicode characters in source files.
· Inets application: The http client now support HTTPS through a proxy
· Asn1 application: Major cleanup of back ends and optimizations of mainly decode for PER and UPER.
· Support for parameterized modules (but an alternative solution provides) and packages removed
· All built in functions BIF's (even if they are implemented in C as part of the VM) are now visible in the source code of the module they belong to, including their type specs.
· The Wx application now compiles and is usable with the unstable developmen...