Advanced commercial-grade IDE for the Eiffel programming language
The Eiffel compiler creates C code that is then handed to a standard C compiler. As a result, Eiffel programs have a run-time performance comparable to those directly written in C or C , but with the benefits of an advanced object-oriented model and strong typing.
EiffelStudio uses a highly efficient compacting garbage collector to free the developer from the burden of memory management.
- Complete compiler for the Eiffel programming language, with Design By Contract (DBC) support and both high compile-time speed and high-performance executables, based on the Melting Ice Technology.
- Full portability (including graphics) across Windows, MacOS X, Linux, *BSD, Solaris and other operating systems
- Smart code editor
- Sophisticated multi-view browsing and viewing facilities
- Interactive debugger
- Graphical modeling tool for UML and BON with full roundtrip
- Refactoring support
- GUI development tool (EiffelBuild) and fully portable GUI library (EiffelVision)
- Many other libraries of reusable component.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Bug Fixes:
- compiler: Fixed issues with usage of qualified anchored types that would either cause a crash or report bogus validity errors
- dotnet: Fixed an issue with consuming .NET COM wrapped classes on Windows Server 2012 or Windows 8 only due to a different interface implementation of System.__ComObject on those platforms compared to older version of Windows. We have reported the mismatch to Microsoft http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/906018/.
- studio: Better type suggestion for missing type suggestion not involving attachment marks when not needed.