Drizzle is a free and open source database optimized for Cloud and web applications.
Drizzle is being designed for massive concurrency on modern multi-cpu/core architecture. Drizzle's code is originally derived from MySQL.
Drizzle is a community-driven open source project that is forked from the popular MySQL database.
The Drizzle team has removed non-essential code, re-factored the remaining code into a plugin-based architecture and modernized the code base moving to C++.
How to install and run: Unarchive, open a Terminal window, go to Drizzle's folder and run the following commands from the command line:
sudo make install
Here are some key features of "Drizzle":
· A database optimized for Cloud infrastructure and Web applications
· Design for massive concurrency on modern multi-cpu architecture
· Optimize memory for increased performance and parallelism
· Open source, open community, open design
· Apple Xcode
· Protocol Buffers
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Clang support by Brian Aker
· Sysbench Qewpie testing suite by Sharan and Patrick Crews
· Numerous bug fixes by coldtobi
· Dynamic plugin support by Anshu Kumar
· Improved Documentation