Highly customizable, easy to use and extensible editor/environment for developing programs written in Python
DrPython is a highly customizable cross-platform ide to aid programming in Python. DrPython was developed with teaching in mind, and has a clean, simple interface. DrPython is written in Python and is using wxPython as the GUI.
- Cross Platform
- Works anywhere wxPython works, adopts the native look and feel of the host os.
- Built with Scintilla
- Syntax Highlighting and Styling Built In
- (Support for Python, C/C++, HTML, Plain Text.)
- Drag and Drop for Files and Text
- Brace Matching
- Rectangular Selection
- All wxStyledTextControl Commands can be set via shortcuts, and can be added to the pop up menu.
- Built In Prompts
- Run the python interpreter, programs in their own process.
- Open as many interpreter/program panels as you want.
- Highly Customizable:
- Edit Syntax Highlighting, Tab Width, Printing Options, Default Find/Replace Flags,
- Folding, Default Python Arguments, Automatic File Backups, Feedback Messages,
- Toolbar Icons, Python (and wxWidgets) Documentation and more.
- Optional Unicode/Encoding Support (with unicode version of wxPython).
- Easy Access to DrPython Commands:
- Customize the Right Click Pop Up Menu, Keyboard Shortcuts, and an optional ToolBar.
- Extensible in Python
- Plugins have complete access to DrPython internals.
- They can be loaded automatically on startup, or loaded in groups via the menu.
- Built in methods to facilitate adding plugin functions to the pop up menu,
- keyboard shortcuts, and the toolbar.
- Plugins can be installed locally via zip or main plugin file, or downloaded and
- installed from sourceforge mirrors.
- Scriptable in Python
- Quickly write custom python scripts with access to DrPython internals, and access them from the menu,
- shortcuts, the pop up menu, or the toolbar.
- Quick Access to Files
- Bookmarks (which are built into the File Dialog) provide
- quick access to files and directories.
- The "Open Imported Modules" dialog enables you to
- get at modules imported in the document.
- Navigate and Manipulate Python Source With Ease
- Source Browser:
- Shows document classes, function definitions and import statements.
- Source Browser Go To:
- A mix of find and the source browser in a nifty dialog.
- Move quickly to a specific class, function definition or import statement.
- Go To Block/Def/Class Start/End:
- Move quickly to the start or end of the current function, class, or block of code.
- Uses a Custom FindReplace Dialog that supports (beyond the default wxWidgets dialogs):
- In Selection
- From Cursor
- Prompt on Replace
- Regular Expressions
- Includes a Menu Driven Regular Expression Builder
- You can Specify Default Options for Find/Replace/Switcheroo in Preferences.
- A Pop Up Menu That Let's you:
- Insert Tabs/Newlines/Carriage Returns
- Find History
- Find and Replace in Rectangular Selection.
- Find And Complete
- Select from all possible completions of the current word in the current document.
- Find And Complete is context sensitive, it forms the list of possible completions
- based on the context of the current word.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- internal: changed path concatenation to os.path.join
- added more Information about operating system into AboutDialog
- warning, if prompt all is switched off replace (sometimes, it is hit by accident, so a mess is afterwards in the file)
- new replacedialog during replaces for faster access ('s' simply skips the current occurance)