Free source code documentation generator tool
Doxygen is an open source documentation system for Java, Objective-C, C++, C, Python, IDL (Corba and Microsoft flavors) and to some extent PHP, C#, and D.
- With Doxygen you will be able to easily generate an on-line documentation browser (in HTML) and/or an off-line reference manual (in) from a set of documented source files. There is also support for generating output in RTF (MS-Word), PostScript, hyperlinked PDF, compressed HTML, and Unix man pages. The documentation is extracted directly from the sources, which makes it much easier to keep the documentation consistent with the source code.
- You can configure doxygen to extract the code structure from undocumented source files. This is very useful to quickly find your way in large source distributions. You can also visualize the relations between the various elements by means of include dependency graphs, inheritance diagrams, and collaboration diagrams, which are all generated automatically.
- You can even `abuse' doxygen for creating normal documentation (as I did for this manual).
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- New features:
- Bug 731947 - Support for PlantUML [view]
- Add BREAD_CRUMB_TRAIL. [view]