An easy to use resource editor
DialogBlocks is aimed at getting the job done quickly, and so has keyboard shortcuts for most operations. And you can simply double-click some controls to edit the label or default value in a pop-up window, as a handy alternative to using the property editor.
DialogBlocks is educational, too: there's a description mode that gives you an English 'translation' of the sizer settings for the selected element, as well as a short description of the element itself. This will make it much easier to spot mistakes and bring you up to speed with using sizers.
- create resizeable, portable dialogs;
- create complex wizards and property sheet dialogs;
- create frames complete with menubar and toolbar;
- create wxAUI-based layouts with docking;
- see and edit the properties for each control or sizer in a convenient, consistent property editor;
- output to C++ or XRC;
- give your dialogs context-sensitive help and tooltips;
- store image resources and convert to inline or file-based XPMs;
- edit the generated C++ code by hand, but have DialogBlocks insert changes to the dialog;
- preview your dialogs, then quickly compile and run the application from within DialogBlocks;
- build wxWidgets from within DialogBlocks;
- migrate your old Windows RC dialogs as first-shot wxWidgets dialogs before full sizer-based conversion.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Improved dialog units mode by converting borders and text wrapping dimensions as well as positions and sizes.
- Attributes are now sorted alphabetically in PJD files, to avoid arbitrary changes that confuse version control systems.
- Removed erroneous $(SolutionDir) from VCXPROJ output.
- Corrected warning level for VC++ 10 and above.